If you want to know the Maltipoo Price In India then you have come to the right place.
The maltipoo is actually a result of cross breeding between Maltese and a poodle.
It is one of the smallest dog breeds and comes under toy breed type.
It is a hypoallergenic dog with low shedding which makes this dog the perfect choice for someone who is allergic to dog hair.
This breed is mostly popular in the United States and is rarely available in India.
If you want to get this breed you would most probably have to import it.
Keep reading this article so that you can decide if this is the dog you would want to go for ?
Maltipoo Price In India (2021)
Maltipoo is definitely an expensive breed and it is not affordable for most people
A maltipoo puppy may cost you in the range of ₹60,000-₹1,50,000 depending on various other factors.
The reason why it is so expensive is because it is a foreign breed and the breeding of this breed is rare in India.
If you want to go for a cheaper dog breed there a detailed article on the prices of dog in India
Also Read: Pomeranian Price In India
Factors that affect the price of a Maltipoo In India
The price of a dog differs on various factors and those are:
- Place: Different places have different prices for a dog. If you import a Malitpoo it is definitely going to cost you a fortune. But if you buy from India it may cost you comparatively less.
- Breeder: A reputed breeder will always give you the puppy at a higher price compared to the non reputed ones.
- Certified: If a dog is certified with Kennel Club, it ensures the purity of the breed. Hence, it will cost higher
- Health: A puppy with no health issues and properly vaccinated will have an impact on the price.
Also Read: Teacup Dog Price In India (2021)
Features of A Maltipoo
|Temperament||Friendly, Loyal and Active|
|Color||White, Light Brown|
|Popularity||Low (in India)|
|Behavioral Issue||Small Dog Syndrome|
Difference between Maltipoo and Maltese
A lot of people get confused differentiating these two breeds because of their similar appearance and that’s because maltipoo is actually related to Maltese.
As mentioned earlier maltipoo is a mix between Maltese and Poodle Dog.
The height of the dog differs depending on whether the poodle parent was a toy or a miniature.
If it was a toy poodle then it’s height would be a little taller than an average Maltese.
Both of them are non-shedding dogs and are perfect for people who are sensitive to dog hair.
Things You Should Know About a Maltipoo
The following are the things you should know before you get a Maltipoo:
- High Maintenance Hair: Although Maltipoo is a non-shedding dog. Its hair still needs a lot of work compared to other breeds. You need to regularly brush its hair. You may need to visit the groomer regularly since it’s hair keeps on getting longer.
- Easy to get stepped on: Smaller dogs are prone to get stepped on easily and Maltipoo is one of them. It’s easy for you to step over it’s paw and trip over him which could result in injury.
- Separation Anxiety: They are said to have separation anxiety. It is an incredibly social breed and they don’t like being left alone at home. It can be improved over time but it is still a burden for someone who travels often and has a busy work schedule.
- Can’t tolerate extreme weather: Maltipoo is a house dog and it can’t tolerate extreme temperature (Hot & Cold). So make sure that you live in a place where there is a moderate temperature.
- Small Dog Syndrome: They are prone to have small dog syndrome which means they misbehave around other dogs and it could get really frustrating if you don’t fix this issue earlier. This behavior can be fixed through proper training.
FAQ’s About Maltipoo
Is Maltipoo available in India?
Yes, but it would be very difficult to find a reputable breeder in India who has a good knowledge about Maltipoo. You most likely have to import it from somewhere.
What is the average cost of a Maltipoo?
It is a very expensive breed because the breeding of this dog is very low in India. The price of a Maltipoo in India may range from 60,000 to over 1,50,000 or even above.
How big do Maltipoos get?
These dog’s average height and weight range from 20 to 35 centimeter and 2 to 9 kilograms, respectively.
Do Maltipoos shed a lot?
The best thing about Maltipoos is that they don’t shed and they are hypoallergenic so if you are someone who is allergic to dogs you should have no problem with this breed. But that doesn’t mean this dog doesn’t require grooming.
What is the temperament of a Maltipoo?
It is an active, loyal and very loving dog breed which is perfect for a family.
Are Maltipoos hypoallergenic ?
Yes, they are hypoallergenic means you don’t have to worry about getting an allergic reaction.
How does Maltipoos hair look ?
It’s hair can be either wavy like a Maltese or curly like a Poodle or a mixture of both which depends on the parents of the dog.
Is Maltipoo a family Dog ?
The Maltipoo is a great family dog and is incredibly affectionate with the family members including children.
Can Maltipoo be left alone at home ?
No, they have separation anxiety and don’t like being left alone.
It is a companion dog and always wants to be loved and around with people.
How intelligent are Maltipoos ?
They are intelligent dogs and can learn things pretty quickly.
You won’t have any hard time potty training your puppy.
We have cleared almost everything about the Malitpoo and its price In India.
Now the question is, if this is the right choice for you ?
As it is mentioned that Maltipoo is an expensive breed so unless you are ready to spend a fortune. You shouldn’t choose this breed
It’s better to choose other breeds which are cheaper, like Indian Dog Breeds
Also this dog craves attention and doesn’t like to be ignored or be alone so if you are someone you goes to work everyday it would be really fraustating you for you.
As much costly the dog is their monthly expense is little less since they are very small and doesn’t need as much food as the bigger dogs.
This dog is a great choice for the people who are sensitive to dog hair but they want to get a dog.
If you have any question regarding this breed then comment down below I will try to answer as much as we can.